Fairfax Station Swim and Tennis Club
2021 Opening & Operating Procedures
The following policies and rules are set forth, by the Board of Directors, to ensure a clean, safe and orderly atmosphere at the Club so that you, your family and your fellow members may enjoy the Club facilities to the fullest throughout the season.
Due to the continued presence of COVID-19, the Club will follow all regulations promulgated by the Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Virginia Department of Health, the Fairfax County Health Department, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We sincerely appreciate your patience as we navigate the evolving guidance from our public health officials. Mask use and social distancing will be left to the discretion and risk tolerance of each individual family. In light of the evolving guidance the Board of Directors asks each member to:
- • Be respectful of other members
- • If asked, do everything you can to make the other member comfortable
- • Be kind to our lifeguards and assume noble intent. The lifeguards are on deck to ensure that you and your family are safe while in the water. Pool staff are empowered to eject members from the pool if needed. If a family has an issue with a lifeguard(s) please bring it to the attention of our Membership Director by emailing FSSTCMembership@gmail.com. The Board of Directors will work with you and our pool operator, NVPools, to resolve the issue.
- • Independent of the regulations on Clubs like ours, and as a reminder, until members are fully vaccinated, they should continue to follow all individual precautions recommended by public health authorities, their health care provider, and their individual tolerance for risk. Note that if your child(ren) participates on our Flyers Swim & Dive team there may be additional mandates as required by the Northern Virginia Swim League and our Swim & Dive Committee. Details can be found on the Flyers Swimtopia site: https://fairfaxstationflyers.swimtopia.com
- • Members are responsible for the conduct and safety of their children and guests at all times
- • Children under 14 must be accompanied by a member
- • COVID rules and procedures may supersede the Fairfax Station Swim and Tennis Club By-Laws for the 2021 season
- • A member must be in good standing to gain entry to the club. No guest will be admitted without the sponsoring member present and without a guest pass
- • Trash and other waste materials must be put in trash containers. Throwing trash into the pools or littering on Club grounds is strictly prohibited.
- • Pets are prohibited on Club grounds, with the exception of the traditional end of year Pets Swim event.
- • Persons under the influence of intoxicants will be denied admission to the Club and/or removed from the Club grounds by local law enforcement
- • The Club is not responsible for loss of or damage to personal property
- • Members and their guests are responsible to pay for Club property that they damage
Health and Safety
- • All members and their guests use the pool and Club facilities at their own risk
- • Use of the baby pool is limited to children under seven years of age. All children using the baby pool must be under the direct supervision of an adult
- • Loitering or playing are prohibited in the bathrooms. Children under seven years of age are not permitted in the bathrooms without a responsible person. Parents are expected to enforce this rule for their children and their guests.
- • Running, wrestling, tag, ball playing, etc is forbidden on the concrete decks bordering the pools. Pushing or throwing anyone into the pool is prohibited
- • Only one person at a time is allowed on a diving board or diving board steps. Diving or swimming under the boards is prohibited. Divers must swim clear of the boards upon completion of their dive. The diving well must be entered from the boards only and exited via designated areas, unless the guards have expressly closed the diving boards.
- • Diving is prohibited in all other areas of the pool
- • The pool decks must be kept clear of obstructions at all times
- • All injuries to a person on Club grounds must be reported to the manager on duty immediately
- • The lifeguards are present for your protection. Talking with the guards on duty or loitering at their stands is prohibited
- • Sitting is prohibited on pool ladders, steps or indicated areas around the steps of the pools
- • Playing and loitering are prohibited in the parking areas. Use of skateboards, roller blades, bicycles, scooters, and other such mechanical devices are not permitted on Club grounds except when transiting to and from designated parking areas
- • Children who cannot swim are not permitted in the deep pool unless accompanied by an adult and under the adult’s direct supervision at all times
- • Only current Fairfax Station Swim and Tennis Club lifeguards may wear guard (suits, shirts, hats, etc…) while on the club grounds
- • Fairfax Station has a policy that has the pools and deck close for 30 minutes after thunder is heard and for 45 minutes after lighting is seen. At these times, no one is permitted on the pool decks. Everyone needs to report to their car or leave Club grounds
Hours of Operation
On Holidays the pool will operate on the Saturday and Sunday schedule and be open 11am-9pm.
- • May 29th – June 11th: (Prior to the end of the FCPS school year)
- Memorial Day Weekend. 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- • June 12th – Sept 6th:
- Labor Day Weekend 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday through Sunday 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
There will be days, especially before the end of the school year when we have open swim, swim & dive team practice, and tennis instruction, when the parking lot will be at maximum capacity. We first and foremost ask all members to be courteous to each other and second refrain from parking in front of the house immediately across the street from the pool. There is plenty of room to park along the righthand side of Arrington Lane as you approach the pool or at the top of the road along Robert Carter Drive. Or better yet, we have bike racks! If you live within biking distance, break out that bike that is gathering dust in the back of the garage and come on down!
Pool Furniture and Equipment
- • Pool furniture is there for the use of our members, if members move the furniture to another location on deck, we ask that it be replaced when you leave.
- • We have over 300 club members and at peak capacity during the hottest summer days the deck will be crowded. We ask all members to be considerate of others and only set towels/bags on the tables/chairs they will be using during their visit. When the deck is crowded we ask each family to try and consolidate as appropriate. We are constantly on the lookout to understand whether we have enough furniture to meet our member’s needs…we appreciate your patience as we work to find the right balance.
- • Be mindful of reservation notifications on the large umbrellas. While the large umbrellas are generally open and available for all members, members can reserve the umbrellas to host family events such as birthday parties, anniversaries, etc… If an umbrella is reserved, we ask the members be prepared to relocate to another area of the deck during the reservation time.
- • If you would like to reserve an umbrella visit fsstc.com and select Facility Reservations at the top of the page. Large Umbrellas are $10/Hr. We ask that families only reserve the large umbrellas when they are hosting a larger event like a birthday party, anniversary, etc… Please refrain for making reservations for general family use while at the pool.
- • The Club maintains two propane gas grills. The grills are available on first come first basis. We ask that members clean the cooking surface and empty the grease trap after each use.
- • The Club has a corn hole set and a pingpong table available for member use. Bean bags, paddles, and pingpong balls are available at the guard station. We ask members to return all equipment to the guard desk when they are finished.
Entrance and Exit Locations
- • All members will enter the pool area via the main bathhouse entrance
- • A valid membership will be electronically confirmed by the guards at checkin. Members should be prepared to provide their last name and the number of children in their party. Members should ensure that all household names are on their account.
- • If your name is not in the system when you check-in the Guards will take down your full name and email and allow you to enter the pool. Our membership director will work with you to address the problem, usually the same day
- • Members should have guest passes for their guests, no exceptions. Grandparents, Babysitters, and Nannies are exempt from guest fees. Babysitters and Nannies should be listed on a members account.
- • Bathhouse facilities, to include the restroom and shower will be open and available for member use.
- • All members shall exit the pool via bathhouse
- • All Club events and known closures (for swim/dive events, etc…) will be posted to the Club Calendar, available at FSSTC.com
- • Sunday Night Float Night! Sunday night from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. is float night. Bring your favorite inflatable float to the pool!
Outside Food and Drink
- • Members are welcome to bring and consume outside food and drink on the pool deck. We ask members to minimize the use of glass containers and ensure tables and chairs are clean before they leave the premises.
In an effort to protect the health and safety of all members, guests and staff, this is a reminder of our Club’s smoke-free policy. This policy applies to all members, guests, and staff.
- • Smoking, to include ALL tobacco and vape products, is prohibited on ALL Fairfax Station Swim and Tennis Club property.
- • Should you or your guests choose to smoke off Club property, please be respectful of your neighbors: place discarded cigarette butts in an appropriate receptacle and smoke as far away from neighborhood homes as possible.
Thank you for your cooperation in making the Fairfax Station Swim and Tennis Club and the surrounding neighborhood a safe and healthy environment for all of our members and neighbors.
Foul Language and Offensive Language
In an effort to ensure that the Fairfax Station Swim and Tennis Club is an inclusive, accepting, and family friendly club, this is a reminder of our Club’s policy on foul language and offensive language. This policy applies to all members, guests, and staff.
- • Foul Language. The use of curse words and foul language is prohibited on ALL Fairfax Station Swim and Tennis Club property.
- • Offensive Language. Offensive language used to denigrate individuals or families on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, and physical or mental ability is prohibited on ALL Fairfax Station Swim and Tennis Club property.
Foul Language and Offensive Language – Disciplinary Action
Progressive penalties for use of foul language.
- • First infraction – The Pool Manager shall issue a verbal warning
- • Second infraction – The Pool Manager shall “bench” the individuals(s) for 30-minutes
- • Third infraction – The Pool Manager shall eject the person from the facility for up to 24 hours (mandatory) and a report shall be filed with the Board of Directors
- • The Pool Manager shall immediately eject, from the Club facilities, any person who curses at a Club employee for up to 24 hours (mandatory) and a report shall be filed with the Board of Directors. Further disciplinary action will be handled by the Board of Directors. Disciplinary action may include, but is not limited to, probation, temporary membership suspension, or permanent membership revocation. The Member will be advised of the Boards decision by the President of the Board of Directors or his/her designee.
Use of offensive language will be handled directly by the Board of Directors. The Fairfax Station Swim and Tennis Club has a zero-tolerance policy on the use of offensive language. Disciplinary action may include probation, temporary membership suspension, or permanent membership revocation. The Member will be advised of the Boards decision by the President of the Board of Directors or his/her designee. Thank you for your cooperation in making the Fairfax Station Swim and Tennis Club an inclusive, accepting, and family friendly environment for all of our members, guests, and staff.
Members are expected to abide by the guidelines and safety procedures in place by the Fairfax Station Swim and Tennis Club.
- • Be respectful of other members
- • If asked, do everything you can to make the other member comfortable
- • Lifeguards are on deck to ensure you and your family are safe while in the water, be kind to them and assume noble intent